NAMI Oklahoma

It is the mission of NAMI Oklahoma to improve the quality of life for children, adults and their families who are affected with a mental illness.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Mid-Week Minute Announces Blog

Hello and welcome to the new members of our "blogging" community. We have been testing out our blog for a while now and decided to officially announced it in our Mid-Week Minute released today.

Participants in the NAMI Oklahoma "blogging" community are encouraged to practice the “Golden Rule”. Our community is not designed to be a forum for criticism, negativity, or malice. Rather, it is a forum for helping identify opportunities for improving the quality of life for individuals, families and friends that experience mental illness. NAMI Oklahoma reserves the right to monitor blog entries and to disallow any posts that violate the spirit of our community.

I hope you enjoy our post and I look forward to your comments.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Nice idea. I would like to see maybe some topics on some of the most commonly asked questions you receive. I know that my son has faced an issue with obtaining his drivers license and having to disclose his illness. Keep up the good work

     
  • At 11:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    While with DBSA-OK, I received questions about the driver's license/disclosure issue as well. This has been a much discussed issue in the mental health advocacy community for some time. Tom, I suggest you pay a visit to your legislators; if enough protest is registered, this silly (and discriminatory) practice may be tossed. M.

     
  • At 5:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Well, today is my first venture as a blog contributor. I've been following the NAMI blog since it first began and have appreciated the great information and comments. Thanks for all the great work!
    Rand Baker

     
  • At 10:21 PM , Blogger marigold said...

    I was helped by a state patol when i ran out of gas and he ran my plates and came to my window and asked what mental illness I had and if my meds were ok. I had interacted with him before with no impairment. My gas tank said 1/4. I was driving my husband's pickup and didn't know it ran out of gas at 1/4 tank. Why does he know i have a mental illness? And that I am on meds? In Nebraska he shouldn't even know. This is wrong. I was not impaired. I had nothing to raise his suspicion.
    oh don't throw tomatos just because i'm from NE> We don't have anything like this.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home