NAMI Oklahoma

It is the mission of NAMI Oklahoma to improve the quality of life for children, adults and their families who are affected with a mental illness.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Thank You, NAMI Oklahoma!

I will conclude nine years of service to NAMI on Friday, August 17. I have learned many things during my tenure with this excellent organization and and have met so many tremendous people. I will miss working with this great movement every day but know that in my new role I will have the opportunity to pursue the high standards of expectations established by my NAMI friends.

When I first joined this organization, I remember the profound impact of these ten words that accompanied all of our grassroots advocacy alerts: "If it is to be, it is up to me". These are powerful words and ring as true today as ever. To continue changing the tide, it is important that our members understand that their energy is required to address the inequities that remain even today.

It has been a privilege serving you for the past nine years. I ask that you continue to share with me your goals and expectations for Oklahoma's mental health care system as I begin my new job at ODMHSAS.

Best wishes,

Steven Buck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home